It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Results of the migration of .rmt Files into RQM: test scripts or test cases ?

pascale Vernie (613) | asked Jun 30 '14, 10:28 a.m.
Migration .rmt Files into Rational Quality Management 4.0.5 using Migration Tool 4.0.2
Migration goes well in the sense that the Test Scripts generated in RQM as the result of the migration  are correct.
However, I would like to have the result of the migration beeing Test Cases and Test Script
and not only Test scripts, .i.e. that the result of the migration of one given .rmt file is
one test case and its associated test script.
How should I proceed ?

I would be really thankful for any help on this, as I do not want to have to create more thant 7000 Test Cases manually for the 7000 to-be-imported test scripts...

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jun 30 '14, 11:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Pascale,
The migration from Rational Manual Tester to Rational Quality Manager is for Manual Test Scripts only; there is no provision to create an associated Test Case as a part of the migration.
If you are looking to 'bulk' import/create Test Cases, one option would be to use the RQMExcelWordImporter

This utility will allow you to import numerous artifacts (Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts) via an Excel Spreadsheet or Word doc.

Comments
pascale Vernie commented Jul 01 '14, 6:30 a.m.

Hello Ara,

Thank you for your inputs, I will definitively have a look to the RQM Excel/Word util.

However: if the test scripts are already imported, are you aware of any RQM mechanism allowing an automatic generation of corresponding Test cases ?

Ara Masrof commented Jul 01 '14, 7:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Pascale,

To my knowledge, there is no built in functionality to auto create a Test Case based on an existing Test Script 

Ara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.