It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible to create a calculated attribute displaying the number of days a work item has been in its current state ?

Christophe Lucas (86224948) | asked Jun 27 '14, 9:16 a.m.
I need to create a work item custom field which would display the number of days the work item has been in its present state.

e.g. when a Defect is in New state, the field would display the number of days it has been in this New state, then when the Defect moves to InProgress state, the field would display for how many days it has been in this InProgress state.

Is this possible ? If Y, any hint welcome.

Thanks  

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 27 '14, 9:25 a.m. | edited Jun 27 '14, 9:28 a.m.

you would have to write a java participant extension to accomplish this. the javascript calculated value service doesn't give u the ability to see state changes, or state history.
see the extensions workshop https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

One answer

permanent link
N Z (3622127) | answered Jun 29 '14, 6:57 p.m.
edited Jun 29 '14, 6:59 p.m.
 The data in RTC is static until you update it in some way, i.e., opening a WI will not show you a different value in the field you are talking about without some automation.

You can capture the date/time you enter a state easy enough using scripting, and then either use the dashboard, or some other reporting mechanism to determine how long you have been in that state.

Alternatively, if you have Insight, I believe you can report on the sort of thing your talking about.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.