It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to do this simple query in dng/rrc - list artifacts that have been approved. We can't right?...wow!

frederick carter (451217) | asked Jun 26 '14, 9:38 p.m.

In DoorNextGen/RRC, We need the ability to associate the approval or rejection of an artifact in a review , to the status of the actual artifact. 

If an artifact is reviewed , and within that review, the artifact is approved, then I would like to have the status of that artifact reflect that somehow...such as changing  the artifact status to 'approved'  when it was approved in a review.

Why would you keep the results of a review separate from the status of an artifact being reviewed?  if an artifact was approved in a review, then shouldn't  that  'approval' some how be an attribute of that artifact too?  as a result , we cannot do this simple query -  show me the approved requirements. 

your thoughts on this?

2 answers

permanent link
Taly Hotimsky (2714557) | answered Jun 27 '14, 12:01 p.m.
 Hi Frederick.

I have a WI consolidating several issues with the filtering of artifacts, and that is one of them.
https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=84182

I am aware though that it's not a high priority for the product team due to the complexity of other improvements being made to the tool.

The workaround I use is attributes or, sometimes, tags. It's a pain to manually set those based on the results of a review, but it allows me to properly search for artifacts based on their review-state.
And because we can select multiple artifacts at once and apply the same attribute or tag to all of them, it makes it a little less painful.

Also, Michael does have a point that the same artifact could be approved and rejected at the same time, from different reviews (which only reminds us that if/when this filter is implemented it should take that into consideration and maybe allow us to query not only by state but also by review).

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jun 27 '14, 8:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi,

I understand your concern in this scenario - however, I could imagine a scenario where one artifact is under multiple reviews, and in that case I don't think it wouldn't make sense to update an attribute to "approved" or "rejected" whenever the first review is completed. In this scenario, the artifact attribute is not reflective of the overall review status of the artifact. Does that make sense?

I think your best option would be to utilize the "Where Used" section in the artifact editor, located on the right-hand side of the editor, the bottom-most expandable tab. This will show where a specific artifact is used in a module, in a collection, or in this case, in a review. It's a little extra work to open or hover the individual reviews from the Where Used tab to see the status of the artifact is question, but I think this is currently the easiest way to do what you are attempting.

Hope this helps,
Mike Jaworski

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.