It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Files already associated with a change set aren't removed after putting them on ignored list

Troy Dugger (7121015) | asked Jun 25 '14, 5:23 p.m.
edited Jun 25 '14, 5:43 p.m.
I'm using RTC 4.0.6 Eclipse client.
I did a share on a project and unbeknownst me there were thousands of files under some hidden directory.  Unfortunately, these were all associated with a Share changeset that was automatically created.  I thought I'd just add the directory to the ignore list and the changes would be automatically removed from the Share change set, but they aren't.
I couldn't even see the files under the change set in the Pending Changes view until I changed a preference to show over 1000 files, but even then I can't select the directory and remove it.  I think if I do that it will actually remove the files from the disk and I don't want that, I just don't want them associated with the change set and delivered.
How can I either get rid of the Share change set and create another that will honor the ignore settings or get the current change set to update?
Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Troy Dugger (7121015) | answered Jun 26 '14, 11:37 a.m.
I don't think there is a way around this.  Doing undo removed the files from the sandbox.  I had to start over.

I think Share shouldn't create a change set and control all files in the project.  I was hoping it would just put all the files in the unresolved section of pending changes and then I could ignore what I wanted and create the change sets I wanted.  Share does to much.

I didn't create a defect on this, but I'm wondering if I should.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.