It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What traceability exists between RTC and RQM?

Steven Jin (10697) | asked Apr 22 '09, 9:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like the 2.0 products will allow us to have a single Defect Work Item workflow that can be tracked and managed in a single tool (RTC), i.e. a Tester identifying a Defect within RQM, and generating / managing the defect in RTC.

The only thing that was unclear is what traceability exists between RTC and RQM. For example, how would a Tester/Test Lead be aware of defects that exist for Test Cases within RQM? How would a Developer known which test case is associated within the Defect in RTC?

2 answers

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Apr 22 '09, 3:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Within RQM, a Tester could see blocking defects related to their Test Execution Records, not Test Cases as such. In a TER view, if you select one of the records, it will show its related blocking defects in the Related Information section. You could group by Test Case in order to see the TERs and their errors related to each test case. (Though I can think of enhancements that would make this easier to do.)

From RTC, a developer looking at a Defect generated in RQM would currently see the Test Case and Test Script name listed in the Description. There is an enhancement requested for 2.0 to make these into links on the Links tab instead.

Please let us know if you have further questions. Thanks.

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Apr 22 '09, 3:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would also recommend checking some previous posts on this topic. Here are a couple of interesting ones:
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4301
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4293

Goshen may also have more information to add.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.