It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Save Participant for popup window on cancel work Item using server extensions.

kavita herur (5876593) | asked Jun 25 '14, 8:09 a.m.

Hi All.

Till now I have seen in  SaveworkItem partcipant (at server side) we can valiadate the input data and show error message or update some other value depending on current save operation.

Is there  way I can show popup message/window to proceed save operation or not when work item is canceled/rejected/invalidated.

Thanks,

Kavita

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jun 25 '14, 11:17 a.m.

No.. popup windows are not supported. you can check and reject the save (advisor), or you can check and fix the data and save again (participant).

you can also use the script vaildators (field by field advisor). but they only put up the same errors.

you would have to write a java extension.
https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

One answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Jun 25 '14, 9:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello,
so I guess that what you need is to add some validation.
You may want to use validators:

More on validators: https://jazz.net/library/article/1003/#validators

Hope it helps,
Eric

Comments
kavita herur commented Jun 26 '14, 2:17 a.m.

Hl All,

I have worked on preconditions and follow up conditions. as per my knowledge we can not show pop up window and button in window  with "Yes" or "No" to proceed Save operation.

And I feel the script vaildators  is only on attribute. So my above requrement can be accoplished by Script validator?

Thanks,

Kavita

Eric Jodet commented Jun 26 '14, 2:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Kavita,

I guess we need more details about what is behind "validate the input data".
Do you mean to validate certain attributes values?

sam detweiler commented Jun 26 '14, 7:40 a.m.

javascript validators return true or false.  the system has defined behavior for handling either those two responses.

I don't know the runtime internals of the web UI and dojo enough, but 'maybe' you could extend the internals of the validator to use dojo to put up some interactive  message? but the UI would be 'hung' at that point waiting for the validator to return.  this will not work on the Eclipse UI.

kavita herur commented Jun 30 '14, 6:49 a.m.

Hi Eric,

My requirement is Whenever work ticket is cacelled  want to show pop up window ( with "Yes" and "No" buttons) to make confermation.  If Yes button is pressed Should  perform save operation otherwise should not save work ticket.

Thanks,

Kavita

Eric Jodet commented Jun 30 '14, 7:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Kavita,

as Sam underlined, js validators will flag your attributes values as "in error".
If you need to display a message in a pop-up window, you need to extend the UI.

Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.