It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Have the issues with Honza's RTC WF Visualizer on Scrum templates ever been resolved ?

long TRUONG (3654118146) | asked Jun 24 '14, 6:35 p.m.
 Honza's RTC Workflow Visualizer has been a god-sent for me, I used it everywhere and greatly appreciate it. But I am getting into issues on some Scrum templates similar to those of the one post on the original Honza's perspective, just wonder if someone has resolved them or seen their resolution. The Visualizer did work with the OOTB Scrum template on 4.0.3.

My error messages:
C:\Users\gr4truo\Documents\junk\workflows\PASwf\20140623>java -jar ..\..\2createDiagrams\visualiser.jar -d "C:\Program Files (x86)
\Graphviz2.32\bin\dot.exe" PAStemplate.txt
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.scanLiteral(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.scanAttributeValue(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanAttribute(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.stastnarodina.workflowVisualiser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:32)
        at com.stastnarodina.workflowVisualiser.Main.main(Main.java:46)

Original post of this issue: 
http://blog.stastnarodina.com/honza-en/spot/rational-team-concert-workflow-visualiser/
  1. Jirong Hu says:

Hi

I am able to generate the pdf files for Simple and Traditional process template, but failed in Scrum one (process.xml is from the sample JUnit project). Here is the error:

C:\build>java -jar „C:\build\visu­aliser.jar“ -o„V:\HOST_C\Ji­rong\Youth2011\RTC\W­ork Item\Workflow\S
    rum“ -d „C:\Program Files\Graphviz 2.28\bin\dot.exe“ Srum_process.xml
    com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.impl.i­o.MalformedBy­teSequenceExcep­tion: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte
    UTF-8 sequence.
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.impl.i­o.UTF8Reader.in­validByte(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.impl.i­o.UTF8Reader.re­ad(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.impl.XMLEn­tityScanner.lo­ad(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.impl.XMLEn­tityScanner.pe­ekChar(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.impl.XMLDo­cumentFragmen­tScannerImpl$Frag­mentContentDri
    ver.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.impl.XMLDo­cumentScannerIm­pl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.impl.XMLDo­cumentFragmen­tScannerImpl.scan­Document(Unkno
    wn Source)
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.parser­s.XML11Configu­ration.parse(Un­known Source)
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.parser­s.XML11Configu­ration.parse(Un­known Source)
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.parser­s.XMLParser.par­se(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.parser­s.DOMParser.par­se(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.a­pache.xerces.in­ternal.jaxp.Do­cumentBuilderIm­pl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at javax.xml.par­sers.DocumentBu­ilder.parse(Un­known Source)
    at com.stastnaro­dina.workflow­Visualiser.Par­ser.parse(Par­ser.java:32)
    at com.stastnaro­dina.workflow­Visualiser.Ma­in.main(Main.ja­va:46)

1. honza says:

Hi Jirong,
    thanks for the comment. It seems that the XML parser does not like some character in you process template XML file. Could you, please, send me the xml file to honza@stastnarodina.com, as the XML got corrupted in your post.
    Regards,
    Jan

One answer

permanent link
long TRUONG (3654118146) | answered Jun 26 '14, 6:41 p.m.
edited Jun 26 '14, 6:42 p.m.
 Found the issue and got the fix from in-house scripting guru:

The issue was the presence of non-UTF-8 encoding: And the fix is to either manually or with a script, remove any non-UTF-8 encoding off the xml, and voila you get your WFs. We replaced any non-UTF-8 char with 00.

Note that embedded tabs, CRs, LFs (may have been introduced by cutting and pasting to get the XML) would not crash the visualizer.

Now the question is why there are any non-UTF-8 encoding in the process xml, is it a bug ? This seem to be in existence only in Scrum templstes, though we did not have any issue with the OOTB Scrum Template.

This can't be marked as the right answer, but it is.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.