It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integration between RTC builds and automated tests in RQM

Luiz Almeida (23015489) | asked Jun 24 '14, 11:04 a.m.
Hi all,
Is there a way to create automated tests in RQM and create a relationship of them with builds in RTC?
Example: I run a build definition and automated tests are executed. If tests fail, build fails.
Is this integration possible?

Thanks.

Comments
Lily Wang commented Jun 25 '14, 7:49 a.m.

After configure RTC as your build provider, you can create a test execution schedule to automatically start the test after build completes. However the test result can not change the build result if test fails.

2 answers

permanent link
Luiz Almeida (23015489) | answered Jun 25 '14, 8:19 a.m.
Lily and Paul,
If I understood, I can not run automated tests in RQM as pre-requisite to create a build, am I right?
I think it was possible to create automated tests as I do with JUnit tests and include it in my build definition.

So the steps are:
1. Create a build with a QA build definition.
2. Test a build (an scheduled test)
3. If tests ok, I create another build (production build definition) to promote the build for production environment.

My english is very bad, but I hope you undestand me.

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Jun 25 '14, 8:40 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Correct, you cannot run automated tests in RQM as pre-requisite to create a build.

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jun 25 '14, 7:17 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 25 '14, 7:58 a.m.
See https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_verify_builds.html.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.