It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get testcase workitems using RQM Copy Utility

Leonardo Marzo (24964852) | asked Jun 23 '14, 2:14 p.m.
 Hi, 

I need to retrieve a testcase and its development items (workitems). However that seem to be not possible using the RQM Copy Utility. When I execute 'getArtifact' the array 'workitems' is always null, regardless the test case has development items or not.

I assume that this happens because by default, the REST api doesn't retrieve the work items. You need to attach the parameter ?fields=workitem if you want to have the work items elements. 

Is there any workaround for this in the RQM Copy Utility? I´m using RQM 4.0.5

I´ll appreciate your help. 

Thanks, 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jun 23 '14, 2:43 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, copying external/CLM links is not supported (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMCopyUtility#Known_Limitations).
Leonardo Marzo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Leonardo Marzo commented Jun 23 '14, 4:15 p.m.

I should have read the documentation. Thank you.  

One other answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jun 23 '14, 2:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Leonardo,
Currently, this is not possible using the RQM Copy Utility 

Known Limitations of the Copy Utility 
External and CLM links
  • The RQM Copy Utility does not "follow" external links to duplicate the linked data, e.g. a defect from Clear Quest or a requirement from Requisite Pro. Additionally, the links are NOT preserved as they may not be meaningful outside the context of the original source project area.
  • Does not allow for copying CLM links such as Requirement, Work Item, or Plan Item links. CLM linking is only supported in the OSLC QM API

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.