It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade CLM 4.0.1 on DB2 9.7 to 5.0 on DB2 10.5 - DBT5534W. Now what?

Larry McCarthy (2102224) | asked Jun 21 '14, 3:14 p.m.
edited Jun 21 '14, 3:18 p.m.
Upgrading CLM 4.0.1 on DB2 9.7 to CLM 5.0. Interactive upgrade guide says: "[....] If your DB2 database version is 9.7, you must first upgrade your DB2 database to a supported version before upgrading the CLM applications."

The DB2 10.5 Upgrade Guide suggests you run db2chkupgrade to see if your 9.7 DB's can be upgraded. Running that  on my 4.0.1 DB2 9.7 DB's (JTS, CCM and DW), db2chkupgrade warns, for all three:
DBT5534W  The db2ckupgrade command found a database object which has a dependency on system built-in routines that are discontinued. Object name: "SYSIBMADM.SNAPDB". Object type: "VIEW". Discontinued routine upon which the object depends: "SYSPROC.SNAP_GET_DB_V95_AP".
The docs for message DBT5534W say:

[...] This message is returned when the db2ckupgrade command detects a database object such as a view, trigger, or a user-defined stored procedure, that has a dependency on system built-in routines that are discontinued in the target version of the database upgrade.

User response

Perform one of the following actions:

• If you no longer need the database object which depends on system built-in routines that are discontinued, drop this object.
  • Alter the database object so that the object does not depend on system built-in routines that are discontinued. Use the replacement routines provided for system built-in routines that are discontinued.
What should I do about this?

Thanks,
Larry.

Comments
Larry McCarthy commented Jun 21 '14, 10:25 p.m.

Option 1: Ignore it.
Tried that, the instance upgrade (db2iupgrade) fails.

Larry McCarthy commented Jun 21 '14, 11:10 p.m.

Option 2: DROP the VIEW.
Nope...
$ db2 drop view SYSIBMADM.SNAPDB
DB21034E  The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a
valid Command Line Processor command.  During SQL processing it returned:
SQL0607N  "DROP" is not defined for system objects.  SQLSTATE=42832

One answer

permanent link
Larry McCarthy (2102224) | answered Jun 22 '14, 11:03 a.m.
Hmmm. Weird. Thanks to the magic of VirtualBox snapshots, I went back and tried again. This time, Option 1 (ignore the warnings) worked. db2iupgrade succeeded, as did the rest of the 9.7 -> 10.5 DB2 upgrade.

The V5.0 update scripts are running fine, so far. If you don't hear from me again, it's working...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.