It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What need to be done to complete a clone of PROD CLM to DR via a cloned VM and sync'ed SQLserver DBs ?

long TRUONG (3654118146) | asked Jun 17 '14, 9:21 p.m.
 We have decided to periodically sync CLM (JTS/CCM/RM, no RQM, on Window Server 2008 R2) from PROD to DR via cloned VM. The SQLserver (2008 or 2012, version being checked) DB's have a sync'ed copy for DR.

What do we need to do to tie the app's on the VM with the DBs ? I believe I have seen some documents on cloning an instance of CLM, but don't remember if this info can be found there. Pls point us to such documents if existed.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jun 18 '14, 12:53 a.m.

Do you mean the "cold standby" strategy mentioned in this article?
https://jazz.net/library/article/722
I assume that both your PROD and DR will be online so that they have different public URIs and syncing data (which may include the public URIs) sounds a bit scary to me.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jun 18 '14, 2:39 a.m.

If your DB is located at the same machine as CLM server, then you can simply clone your VM and disconnect from your production network. This is a solution which is used by one of my customers.

long TRUONG commented Jun 18 '14, 2:51 a.m.

Thx Don. The article would be of great help, but I will need time to digest it. However just to ease your fear, we are not planning to have both online. We are still on the planning stage, but what we want is a DNS push of the alias URI to the DR IP when we need to fail over. The DB sync, as I understood, is a redundant replica, I will have to check to make sure I understand the process right.

We will have to find out how often we can sync the VM to DR, and either we can somehow keep a copy of the VM to be sync'ed over to DR off line from the PROD server. The idea is to have a DR always as close to PROD as possible. I wonder if a copy of the PROD VM can be continuously updated, we only sync that copy to DR periodically, and we can update DR with the latest good copy of the VM at failover.

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jul 01 '14, 4:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 You may also be interested in this portion of the online help: 

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Team Lead, Jazz Foundation L3 Development 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.