It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to bulk download PDF's from a comprehensive print of a test plan?

YATISH BHANDARI (1735) | asked Jun 17 '14, 8:28 p.m.
Hi Everyone,

We have about 1500 test cases tied to the test plan and when I do a comprehensive print of the test plan, there are 6000 plus jobs kicked off which create PDF's.  Is there a way to download all the PDF's directly from the RQM server/repository rather than downloading these pdf's one at a time? This will save more than 10-15 hours of manual labor. =)

Thanks,
Yatish.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 18 '14, 7:10 p.m.
Hi, Yatish

If you open Test Case view or TCER view etc, you can select multiple test cases or TCERs and export them in one go.
This will generate a zip file including each test case/TCER PDF file, is this what you are after?
The below screenshot taken from v406 RQM:

YATISH BHANDARI selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
YATISH BHANDARI commented Jun 18 '14, 8:19 p.m.

Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for !! Thank you very much !!

One other answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jun 18 '14, 8:23 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you open the Manage Export Job Queue, ensure Show All Export Jobs is unchecked and there should only be one job for the test plan PDF comprehensive report to download.

Comments
YATISH BHANDARI commented Jun 18 '14, 6:50 p.m.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response. Yes, using the comprehensive report to download will download all the PDF's (which are combined together in 1 pdf workbook). However our requirement is to not have a combined PDF. We need separate PDF's for separate test cases. We have about 1300 test cases with over 4000 executions. So researching/auditing 1 execution result based on the test case name will be difficult in the comprehensive/combined report. I'm wondering if there's anything which can be done technically. If the separate pdf's are generated and are saved somewhere on the server or the RQM repository, then there should be a way to download them all directly from the server right? This is what I'm looking for. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Yatish.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Jun 19 '14, 12:16 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Yatish,

As Don mentioned, multiple PDFs can be generated/zipped from the test artifact's table view.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.