It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I set up associations in RTC to DOORS Modules not Views?

Becky Kohl (345) | asked Jun 17 '14, 11:39 a.m.

When trying to follow the instructions here: Setting up RTC and DOORS  in the section "Associate Rational DOORS with the project in Rational Team Concert", I get to the step where I am to select the module in DOORS, however the listed items are not the modules but all the VIEWS of every module in DOORS.  How do I get it to show the list of modules, not the views within the modules?

Versions:

DOORS Sever v9.5.1

DOORS Client v9.5.0

DOORS Web Access v9.5.1

RTC/JTS/RQM v4.0.4

One answer

permanent link
Maeve OReilly (3813) | answered Jun 18 '14, 4:56 a.m.
 Hi Becky,

you must always pick a view to see DOORS data, also in the DOORS 9 client.  It'll be a default view that is used.  It is the same when accessing the data from another application, a view must be picked.  Standard View if you are not sure usually.

However I find that particular step in project association redundant.   I always pick 'Services for DOORS ERS Repository) at the top level.   When you go to actually use the integration later, you get to navigate through the database again, so I'm not sure what the point of picking a module in the association is.  I once logged an RFE on that but it hasn't been implemented.  However current versions of DWA remember where the user was last, which in the end leads to the same experience for me.  

HTH
Maeve

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.