It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

lightweight creation dialog on web

Roger Layani (5313238) | asked Jun 17 '14, 6:26 a.m.
edited Jun 17 '14, 7:11 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
 I have created a customized Lightweight creation Editor for a new customized Work item .
This can be accessible from eclipse cllient and when I add it I get a dialog box with Create work Item link inside
this open creation dialog box and I can select type and add a new WI 

From  the web client this box does not propose the creation link 
What can be the problem?
RTC 4.0.3
IE10

Thx 
Roger

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jun 18 '14, 2:40 a.m.

Do you mean the "Create Linked Defect..." link in the "Select Work Items" dialog? Is it a customized link type of built-in one? Do you get the link when you add links with the built-in work item types?

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Jun 17 '14, 8:46 a.m.
Which application do you use to create a RTC work item? If you are creating a work item from RQM, you need to customize the Inline WorkItem Editor instead of Lightweight Workitem Creation Dialog.
This is mentioned in here https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=43008 comment 5

Comments
Roger Layani commented Jun 17 '14, 9:25 a.m.

No I create a type1 work item inside a type2 work item using a workitem list type .

I am in RTC himself when I try to d this operation

Lily Wang commented Jun 17 '14, 9:04 p.m.

Maybe I misunderstood your question. The lightweight creation dialog is used when creating a new work item to associate with a change set, or from other applications integrated with RTC.

Could you please clarify how do you create a type1 work item inside a type2 work item? In which step you get the problem?

Roger Layani commented Jun 19 '14, 8:31 a.m.

I Have a work item of type Defect

I defined inside a new  "XXXX" attribute with type Work Items List. .
From Eclipse UI this new type is represented by list you can add 1 or more work items of this type  .
If choose to add a such WI you can select existing or create by button "Create Work Item" in this list.
Under the web UI this "Create button " does not appear.

Lily Wang commented Jun 23 '14, 3:56 a.m.

Followed your steps I could reproduce the issue. The Eclipse client and web client some times are inconsistent.

You can submit an enhancement for the issue in https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement&ts=14035101117820

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.