It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Find out Jazz Usage

Praveen Kumar (371822) | asked Jun 17 '14, 12:38 a.m.
edited Jul 08 '14, 11:16 a.m. by Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16)
We have an enterprise level Jazz installation.  I wanted to do some analytics on the Jazz Usage like how many users per day, top team, active projects etc...   Is there any information (logs or db level) that helps me to find this out.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jun 23 '14, 4:50 p.m.

One thing is the License Usage on the JTS.  That will give a good indication of the usage pattern of the server (e.g. plateaus during the week, low on the weekend )  Assumption is that you've some sort of floating license.

There is are also repository metric reports.

2 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Jul 08 '14, 11:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
For things like no of people active/inactive, you can use the license usage reports in the JTS.

For no of projects active/inactive, top used components etc..., I am not sure. A work item query may provide the info. E.g., find recent work items for a given project area to find out if the project area is active.

I think I need more precise questions. How do you define active project area? How do you define: used components?

Comments
Praveen Kumar commented Jul 14 '14, 10:32 a.m.

Ok.  One way to look at active/inactive projects is to look at the history of work items.  But we also do have projects which uses SCM alone or use RQM alone.  So even in such kind of  projects we need a way to find they are active or not.  As you said, sly looking at history of the corresponding artifact is one way.   But I am looking at whether there is anything easier than that like a counter for every project. 

For top usage components we found a component counter webservice https://almserver:9443/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.counters.ICounterContentService.  But the result of this service is hard to interpret.  Do we have a documentation for this service?

sam detweiler commented Jul 14 '14, 10:54 a.m. | edited Jul 14 '14, 10:55 a.m.

JTSMon (link above) is the best info I have seen..   most REST calls are pretty self explanatory..

I am not aware of any project related activity indicators

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jun 23 '14, 5:05 p.m.
the jtsmon tool graphing can show you number of users (including pool)...  and also the active apis.

but you cannot find project, or users, or teams.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.