It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is anyone answering DNG/RPE questions in this forum? Or RPE devWorks?

Greg Taillefer (61517) | asked Jun 12 '14, 4:22 p.m.
edited Jun 12 '14, 4:50 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

How might people get timely and substantive responses to technical questions WRT RPE and RRC. I am a DOORS/RPE user migrating to DNG/RPE. The things that I was able to do with the former far exceed my capabilities with the latter. I have been posting and cross posting questions here and on RPE devWorks. Hardly a whisper for responses. I've had colleagues solicit answers to questions at Innovate......... Take a look at the number of 0's in the Answers column of this forum.

With a new platform and obvious documentation and testing short falls there should at least be a level of effort appropriate for the size of the expected deployment given to support. If there are other avenues available for support that people should be using please do tell.

Supporting early adopters' in earnest should be a major focus.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 13 '14, 6:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There are a lot of users trying very hard, to answer questions. The distribution of experts across the various domains causes some domains to be less covered. Reporting and especially publishing is one where the coverage is unfortunately not as high as you would wish. I have seen activity in the Requirements department in the past.

However, keep in mind we all have other day jobs and a lot of the contributors here are also involved in conference work (such as Innovate the week before) which will impact contributing in the forums.

Francesco Chiossi commented Jun 13 '14, 10:14 a.m.

The fact that the email notifications are not working these days also doesn't help with responsiveness. See https://jazz.net/forum/questions/154991/do-you-still-get-email-notifications-from-the-jazznet-forum

3 answers

permanent link
Gerard Cregan (613) | answered Jun 19 '15, 9:17 a.m.
Hello Greg,

The RPE Forum in developerWorks is very active with RPE questions and answers. So this is best place for the RPE side of things.

Of course if you have a detailed question relating to RPE and DNG then a  PMR/Service Request with will get you a guaranteed response.

permanent link
Greg Taillefer (61517) | answered Jun 16 '14, 9:21 a.m.

Thank for the responses all. Frustration got the best of me. Mike, submitting PMR's is probably the best path forward and establishing work arounds.

There just seems to be key features of the superceded products not present in the new ones (ex: baseline metadata)

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jun 13 '14, 9:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Greg,

Unfortunately, like Ralph mentioned, Reporting is an area where we just don't have a lot of resources to focus right now, and it probably doesn't help that a good amount of our team was away, attending Innovate last week ... I'm sorry if you feel that you are not getting the level of support that you would expect; however, if you are having specific issues with Reporting that seem defective, I would strongly suggest that you bring up your case with Rational Support instead of the Jazz community forum. Through the Support channels, you will be able to work with IBMers whose sole job is to focus on customer issues such as yours, whereas members of the forum are focused on their primary jobs and contributing to the forum when they have extra time.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can find someone to answer some of your questions regarding Reporting.

Mike

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.