It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRRRE1419E Can not access to the OAuthentication URL during Insight ETL

June Boston (1942438) | asked Jun 11 '14, 6:39 p.m.
 Hello,

I'm running an ETL job in a dev environment (the entire CLM system, Cognos bits, and databases are on the same VM).  When the job is running, I get an OAuth error as above:
CRRRE1419E Can not access to the OAuthentication URL during Insight ETL

However, the jobs appear to run just fine.  The error makes us nervous; does anyone know what causes it, and how to resolve it?  The jobs are being run under the rptuser account which appears to be configured just fine.  Also, I have turned on every level of logging, but I can't find this error in any text output logs, just the terminal window.  Where should I look?  I thought it would be in C:\IBM\RRDIDevTools\cognos\datamanager\log, though I also checked other locations.

OAuth Error with ETL execution

Thank you,
June

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jun 12 '14, 5:44 a.m.
Hello June,

for errors related to the authentication against CLM you might want to look into the JDBC log (ri_jdbc.log) file.

This section of the documentation explains how to find or activate it:

Activating the logs for the XML ODBC driver
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSRL5J_1.1.1.4/com.ibm.rational.raer.troubleshooting.doc/topics/ts_enablinglogodbc.html

For RTC usually I would use the form type of authentication in the xdc file; what are you using?

What is refereed in the documentation as the "rptuser" is a user that only has read privileges on the data warehouse and supposed to be used only for running reports.
I understand that the ETL is running fine in your case, so I assume you granted higher privileges to that user but it's worth doublechecking.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
June Boston commented Jun 12 '14, 1:20 p.m.

Perhaps it is because we're on version 1.1.1.3, but I had to make the IBM Rational XML ODBC Driver key location and create those registry entries, and still no log or settings files appear.

We did in fact give rptuser admin powers on all the databases since this is a sandbox environment.  In a production environment, what is the ideal configuration?  Should the CLM user "rptuser" be used only for running reports, and another external user created for accessing the databases?  Should that database-accessing user exist in CLM?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.