It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to check end of Data collection job without login to RTC?

ryosuke oka (17984648) | asked Jun 11 '14, 12:42 a.m.
One of my customer is looking for a way to check end of Data collection job because Data collection job is getting longer now and affecting to Backup job, which should run after Data collection job.

Customer want to check end of Data collection job with script (.sh or .bat).
Is there a way to do it?

I found CONFIG.ETL_INFO have END_DATETIME value.
We possibly can check whether the value is in there or not but I am not so sure.

If anyone has a good idea to archive this, please let me know.

Comments
ryosuke oka commented Jun 11 '14, 12:51 a.m.

I know we can check Data collection job in
https://hostname:9443/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.reportsManagement.etlStatus

Client want to check this without login to RTC.

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Jun 11 '14, 4:45 a.m.
edited Jun 11 '14, 4:46 a.m.
Hello Ryosuke,

the only other place outside of RTC that can give you information on the data collection jobs and the [application name]-etl.log located in the same directory where you have your regular application logs.

In particular the STAR job is the last to be executed so you can look into jts-etl.log for an entry like this that indicates that the last part of the job is completed:
2014-06-07 00:06:05,079 [jts: AsynchronousTaskRunner-4 @@ 23:59]  INFO ervice.starjobs.internal.StarRemoteSnapshotService  - Java ETL (STAR): History build execution completed! (26 out of 26 passed)
Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.