It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to query unassigned or null value in a custom HTTP Filtered Value Set attribute?

Rachel Alderman (331518) | asked Jun 10 '14, 11:29 a.m.
I have created an attribute of type medium string and defined a HTTP filtered value set to provide the list of values, dependent on two other attributes.

When a new work item is created using the attribute, the initial value is null. This displays as blank or - when I display the column in a query result. I want to be able to query all the blank/empty string/unassigned attributes, but if I add the attribute to the query and leave the value blank, when I save the condition on that field disappears, no matter if  I choose contains, is, is not, etc. I've tried "" but this literally searches for the value quote quote not the empty string.

Is there a null keyword I can use?

One answer

permanent link
Rachel Alderman (331518) | answered Jun 11 '14, 4:08 a.m.
I have discovered that if I use the RTC 4.0.6 Eclipse client, there is an "Unassigned" checkbox that can be used with 'is' and 'is not', that successfully identifies these work items

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.