It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build issue with com.ibm.team.build.toolkit plugin?

Jason Fregien (58910) | asked Jun 09 '14, 3:45 p.m.
I was recently bitten by this and thought I would share.  It appears as if there are two different versions of the com.ibm.team.build.toolkit plugin jars -- one that includes the ant task classes, and one that does not.  The jars are named exactly the same thing, but have different contents.  This is true in the 4.0.6 release and the 5.0 release.  

In the BuildSystemToolkit distribution, you can find this jar file in 2 places:
1) jazz/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/plugins
2) jazz/buildsystem/buildtoolkit

The jar files are named exactly the same, but are different sizes.  The one in location #1 does not include the classes for the ant tasks.  This is the same version of the jar that is included in the SDK as well.  I happened to push the jars from the SDK into our local maven repo to use with our plugins, and was getting ClassNotFoundException's when trying to invoke the ant tasks.  It took me a while to figure out the problem because I was looking at the jar in the #2 location to verify the ant task classes were there...and they were.

There are 129 jars that are named exactly the same in the #1 and #2 locations of the BuildSystem-Toolkit distribution.  Every single one of them is exactly the same except for the com.ibm.team.build.toolkit jar.  This seems suspicious... 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.