It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Grouping Test Suites into a Regression Build ?

Jennings Corley (622) | asked Jun 09 '14, 1:36 p.m.
 We use RFT for out automated testing and we are trying to use RQM to manage these tests and be able to organize them into a regression build to possibly schedule to run at a certain time. My question is this.  We have our automated tests set up in RQM as Test Cases.  We then have organized suites of Test Suites which incorporate all the applicable test cases. We have several Test Suites organized by subject such as Distribution , Registration, Components.  These represent different parts of our business and thus different parts of our software. I would like to be able to schedule these suites to run one after another in a regression build so that we can have them run overnight while we are not here.  Then we can review the results in the morning. Suites don't seem to be able to include other suites, so what are my choices to accomplish this ? 

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Jun 11 '14, 6:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
One way is to schedule the test in sequence i.e. set the schedule time in sequential manner so that the schedule starts as per your required order.

Other way is to have only 1 RFT adapter so the tests will be picked in sequential order since only 1 adapter is available.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.