It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Required custom attributes

Alex Feinberg (2652) | asked Apr 16 '09, 10:21 a.m.
Greetings,

I have created a couple of new work item types for which I have defined custom attributes. I would like to make some of these custom attributes required fields for these work items. Is that possible?

In some cases, I don't want the custom attribute to be required when creating the work item, but I do want it to be required when resolving the work item. For example, I want to require root cause analysis information to be filled in before closing a defect. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Alex Feinberg

3 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Apr 27 '09, 6:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Requiring enumeration attributes is not possible in 1.0. Starting with 2.0, you can specify a 'null value' for an enumeration (additionally to the default value) and require the enumeration attribute to have a value other than that 'null value' one.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Alex Feinberg (2652) | answered Apr 20 '09, 10:30 a.m.
Thanks for the reply. It was very helpful.

One issue that I am having with the solution is that I can't seem to require custom attributes with enumerated types. These custom attributes are simply not displayed in the selection list of fields that I can make required.

I initially thought that this was because I had default literals set for them, but I removed the defaults and they still don't show up. Am I missing something? It certainly seems reasonable for enumerated types to be flagged as required, unless perhaps if they have default values.

Thanks,
Alex Feinberg

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Apr 17 '09, 3:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Alex
Have a look at the Required Properties section of that document:
https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/work-items-cust/index.html

With RTC 2.0 it is also possible to configure required properties just for some workflow states (in the same place as above).

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.