It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot Sync Repository. Gives me the error: Java.lang.IllegalArgumentException...

Cory Tanner (155) | asked Jun 05 '14, 6:05 p.m.

I am importing Perforce SVN DMPs into RTC.  I am having a problem, because when I choose a larger file (say 117 GB) it does not allow me to sync the project area.  It is telling my that the Repository is out of sync and I cannot deliver my imported Source code to the project.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? 

On a side note, I have done this successfully in the past using a different server that is not connected to the same network.  It was a test area to see if I could successfully import the source code into the project area.  Any suggestions would be nice.

Comments
Tim Mok commented Jun 06 '14, 9:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you mean by a Perforce SVN DMP? Perforce and SVN are different version control systems and I'm not sure what DMP is.

Is that the exact error message your receive? "Cannot Sync Repository. Java.lang.IllegalArgumentException"

Cory Tanner commented Jun 06 '14, 9:36 a.m.

So Perforce is the Subversion tool they are using for source control right now.  They want everything they have done in RTC.  So we created the component, streams, and repository for them to have all of the source code in RTC. 

Perforce exports an SVN DMP (Dump File); to which, RTC can understand the trunk and branches format.  Trunk would be the same as release stream, the branches would be each team members individual development environment.

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jun 06 '14, 9:46 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If this was done successfully using a seperate RTC instance on a different network - perhaps the network is causing an issue. It's hard to tell without looking at any of the server side or client side logs. I would recommend you start there and see if any errors are showing up when you import the dump

Comments
Cory Tanner commented Jun 06 '14, 9:51 a.m.

That is what I thought too.  I have started looking through the logs and if I find the answer, I will post it on the forum.  Perhaps it will help someone else.  Thanks for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.