It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Enumeration is not sorted in query

Tanja-Maria Weiringer (626) | asked Jun 05 '14, 9:01 a.m.
I have created an enumeration (Escalationlevel) with 4 entries, they represent Levels, therefore they look like this:
L0 - xxxxx
L1 - xxxxx
L2 - xxxxx
L3 - xxxxx

the attribute is part of a query, and want to sort the colum Escalationlevel. The Attribute was added to the sort order, but it is not sorted:

any idea how to configure the query or the enumeration so that the levels will be sorted accordingly?

2 answers

permanent link
K L (112) | answered Jul 23 '15, 3:38 p.m.
Sometimes, the order shown is according to the order in the source file (RTC config).

I usually either recreate the entries in the correct order (from the GUI), or go to the source and move things around.

You can check if it corrects your problem...
I see in your comment that your ids are out of order...

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Jun 05 '14, 10:02 p.m.

The query result is sorted by enumeration id instead of enumeration value. There is an enhancement request to address the issue https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=175676 

Comments
Tanja-Maria Weiringer commented Jun 06 '14, 2:46 a.m. | edited Jun 06 '14, 2:50 a.m.

I thought that too, but then I'd still expect it to be sorted correctly, since the "id's view" looks like this
escalationlevel.iteral.l4
escalationlevel.literal.l4
escalationlevel.literal.l1
escalationlevel.literal.l2
escalationlevel.literal.l3

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.