It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC crashes when attempting to Deliver - Java Terminated. exit code=160

Ivan Dovgan (411) | asked Jun 03 '14, 6:54 p.m.
edited Jun 03 '14, 7:21 p.m.
I'm using the RTC client 4.0.5 installed within RAD 9.0.1 and constantly get a hard crash whenever I try to Deliver a project to the RTC jazz server. I have all of this installed on RHEL 6.5 64 bit.

JVM terminated. Exit code=160
/home/ivandov/IBM/SDP//jdk/jre/bin/javaw
-Dsdp.driver=RADO901-I20131204_1312
-Xquickstart
-Xms100m
-Xmx1024m
-Xmnx64m
-Xgcpolicy:gencon
-Xscmx96m
-Xshareclasses:name=IBMSDP_%u
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-Xcompressedrefs
-Dcom.ibm.ws.management.event.max_polling_interval=1000
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.UseWebKitGTK=true
-jar /home/ivandov/IBM/SDP//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar
-os linux
-ws gtk
-arch x86_64
-showsplash
-launcher /home/ivandov/IBM/SDP/eclipse
-name Eclipse
--launcher.library /home/ivandov/IBM/SDP//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1.200.v20120913-144807/eclipse_1502.so
-startup /home/ivandov/IBM/SDP//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar
--launcher.overrideVmargs
-exitdata f0013
-install /home/ivandov/IBM/SDP
-product com.ibm.rational.rad.product.v9.ide
-vm /home/ivandov/IBM/SDP//jdk/jre/bin/javaw
-vmargs
-Dsdp.driver=RADO901-I20131204_1312
-Xquickstart
-Xms100m
-Xmx1024m
-Xmnx64m
-Xgcpolicy:gencon
-Xscmx96m
-Xshareclasses:name=IBMSDP_%u
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M
-Xcompressedrefs
-Dcom.ibm.ws.management.event.max_polling_interval=1000
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.UseWebKitGTK=true
-jar /home/ivandov/IBM/SDP//plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20120522-1813.jar

I have tried changing the theme to Default theme as I have seen in other workarounds. That did not fix this problem. I have also attempted to add "-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.UseWebKitGTK=true" into the eclipse.ini as I saw in another fix, but that didn't work either.

I'm not sure where to start with this, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

permanent link
Roberto Bañuelos Avila (11) | answered Sep 17 '14, 12:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I had this issue on my Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 32bits and I read all the above mentioned links and tried those workarounds but didn't worked for me, then I found this Eclipse Bug thread and added these lines to the eclipse.ini and everything works just fine:

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=mozilla
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/dev/null

I hope it helps!

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 03 '14, 8:20 p.m.
Have you tried the second workaround mentioned in this article?
https://jazz.net/library/article/1337

A similar issue was resolved this way.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/136268/jvm-terminated-exit-code160-cannot-load-projects-in-eclipse-42-with-rtc-plug-in

If the problem persists, the javacore file is required for further investigation.

Comments
Ivan Dovgan commented Jun 05 '14, 3:42 p.m. | edited Jun 05 '14, 3:52 p.m.

I have tried both versions of the second workaround, modifying my eclipse.ini file as well as the config.ini. I have also tried these workarounds separately as well as together. RTC still crashes randomly, but most notably when trying to Deliver. 

Here's a link to the javacore. Please let me know if there is any other information needed.

Chris Weber commented Jun 05 '14, 3:55 p.m. | edited Jun 06 '14, 10:03 a.m.

I've also run into this issue with it randomly crashing, the latest was trying to save a comment on a work item, the window became non-responsive and subsequently crashed with the "exit code=160".  The javacore generated is available here, let me know if there's any other way I can help.

Donald Nong commented Jun 05 '14, 11:06 p.m. | edited Jun 06 '14, 10:03 a.m.

The two provided javacore files look surprisingly similar - same Linux kernel version and the the first 12 lines of Java stack trace are the same as well.

at org/eclipse/swt/internal/webkit/WebKitGTK._JSEvaluateScript(Native Method)
at org/eclipse/swt/internal/webkit/WebKitGTK.JSEvaluateScript(WebKitGTK.java:119)
at org/eclipse/swt/browser/WebKit.execute(WebKit.java:802)
at org/eclipse/swt/browser/WebKit.addEventHandlers(WebKit.java:722)
at org/eclipse/swt/browser/WebKit.webkit_window_object_cleared(WebKit.java:1975)
at org/eclipse/swt/browser/WebKit.webViewProc(WebKit.java:473)
at org/eclipse/swt/browser/WebKit.Proc(WebKit.java:387)
at org/eclipse/swt/internal/webkit/WebKitGTK._webkit_web_view_load_uri(Native Method)
at org/eclipse/swt/internal/webkit/WebKitGTK.webkit_web_view_load_uri(WebKitGTK.java:1234)
at org/eclipse/swt/browser/WebKit.setText(WebKit.java:1490)
at org/eclipse/swt/browser/Browser.setText(Browser.java:1052)
at org/eclipse/swt/browser/Browser.setText(Browser.java:1010)
So I believe it's more likely a Mozilla/WebKit/XULRunner issue than Eclipse or JVM. Similar discussions can be found here as well.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/104317/jvm-terminated-exit-code160-when-submitting-build-in-rtc-eclipse-elient

If you experience random crash, it may be a stability issue, not the start-up issue that I had in my own environment (RTC/Eclipse crashed when the built-in browser was invoked for the first time). Try a few workarounds mentioned in the above post and see if it helps. I would also suggest using different version of XULRunner.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.