It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ClearCase imports and preserving End of Line Delimiters

Stephane Couillaud (15632344) | asked May 30 '14, 1:03 p.m.
I need a sanity check regarding End of Line Delimiters settings for ClearCase imports.  I’m still not 100% sure from reading the documentation and some of the posts on jazz.net.  The idea is that we want the end of line delimiters to be exactly the way they are set in ClearCase which is transparent (or NONE).  We imported files from ClearCase to RTC on a stream  but forgot to set the proper end of line delimiter. To correct that after the initial import we implemented the following:

We followed the instructions from this section of the 4.0.6 documentation: Setting line delimiter handling where you need to modify the process template of the project area.  Here’s the before and after XML code.

Before:

<configuration-data id="com.ibm.team.scm.service.projectLineDelimiterHandling">
</configuration-data>

After:

<configuration-data id="com.ibm.team.scm.service.projectLineDelimiterHandling"><projectLineDelimiterHandling projectLineDelimiterHandlingValue="NONE"></projectLineDelimiterHandling>
                  </configuration-data>

Furthermore, from the ClearCase Synchronized Streams view, we  changed some of the ClearCase Provider Properties of the stream from

1.    LINE_DELIMITER                            = LF
2.    LINE_DELIMITER_WORKSPACE    = PLATFORM

to

1.    LINE_DELIMITER                               = UNSPECIFIED
2.    LINE_DELIMITER_WORKSPACE       = UNSPECIFIED

The above settings are based on this section of the 4.0.6 documentation: Specifying line termination characters for text files

I guess my question is two-folds: 

1. Are those the correct settings we should set to make sure whatever line ending we have in ClearCase will be reflected in RTC when we import?

2.  And second, because we already did the initial import of these files, if we initiate a second sync will that correct all the line endings for the files we already imported or will the new configuration only apply to newly created files on the ClearCase side?

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 30 '14, 1:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 30 '14, 1:14 p.m.
1. I believe the process template change is only used for files created outside of the CC Synchronizer, so the ClearCase Provider properties are all you have to set for the CC Synchronizer.
2. Changes to the new CC Provider properties only applies to newly created files ... you would need to explicitly change the line endings of the files that were already imported.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.