It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Mario Coluzzi (358) | asked May 30 '14, 8:54 a.m.
edited May 30 '14, 8:55 a.m.
Requirement Management emails are blocked by the SMTP trap.

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit is the key that caused the trap and the email blocked   

Has someone had this problem? How did you solve it?

3 answers

permanent link
Mario Coluzzi (358) | answered Jun 03 '14, 9:01 a.m.
Thank you for all the replyes. 

The "email admins"  had let believe me that JAZZ-RM was the problem because they DID NOT mentioned to me they have implemented an agressive "SMTP trap" (as I have discovered via alternative route) and the issue mentioned is not the cause . . . . .  sometimes I wonder.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jun 03 '14, 11:56 p.m.

It's not hard to verify this - just use a telnet console to connect to the mail server and send emails with different headers. You can just put a line of text in the email body to make sure no content filtering is involved.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 01 '14, 9:10 p.m.
Is it possible that the spam-filter on your mail server is too aggressive? In other words, it only permits Base64 and Quoted Printable?
I tested in my CLM 4.0.6 environment with sendmail 8.14.4 and got the email notification without any problems. These emails do carry the Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit header.

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 01 '14, 2:45 a.m.
I don't know how you determined that "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit is the key that caused the trap and the email blocked ", when the RM emails are blocked, did you see any error code like 500 or 400?What version of RM are you using?
We see some reported issues in RM emails when they are blocked or it can say 400 or 500 error code received in the log file when email are sent, for example:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=227893

Some other issues are related to specific email account which has problem itself and are not related to RRC email features.
Ideally if you can check with jts.log and rm.log and see if there is any errors when the emails are sent and post them here for reference and we may find more related info.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.