It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding custom links in RTC workitems and add custom handlers on its double click

Atul Kumar (1872329) | asked May 30 '14, 5:22 a.m.
I want to add custom links (just like workitems) in the Links section of a workitem. On clicking them, I want to open their respective editor.

How do I create custom entries in the Links section, and how do I add items' listeners ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 30 '14, 7:48 a.m.
creating new linktypes requires building a plugin that must be installed on the server (for web view of the link)
and every eclipse client (for eclipse view of the link)..

see

Contributing a Link Type

in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProgrammaticLinkCreation

please explain the 'their respective editor'..
Atul Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Atul Kumar (1872329) | answered May 30 '14, 8:31 a.m.
Thanks Sam for the link...

...by "their respective editor", I meant, that I should be able to invoke my own handler on click of the newly created link. To be more precise, I want to open my own custom editors for those custom links to be opened when clicked from RTC (from inside those handlers).

Comments
sam detweiler commented May 30 '14, 8:40 a.m.

ok, question.. why the custom 'editor'?  they are still workitems on each end of the link.

the only documented support for creating a new workitem 'editor' in eclipse or web.
is by adding fields and screen layout (tabs). If you created a completely new layout, it would have to be connected to a unique workitem type to use it.

I did all that for a Deliverable workitem to replace the elements in the Release table. 

something to note:
adding a new linktype to the server makes it system wide.. ALL projects and all workitems get it.. you cannot focus it on one project and workitem type.

Atul Kumar commented Jun 02 '14, 2:09 a.m.

Custom editor,  because I'm not working with workitems. I'm working with review items, which are part of another product which is under development.

sam detweiler commented Jun 02 '14, 6:49 a.m.

Thanks for that update. I am not aware of any support for creating a completely new content editor. 

Also, far as I know, there is no support for adding a new datatype to the system (I tried this too)..  you can add a new type of 'workitem' but its still constrained by workitem symantics

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.