It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trouble Synchronizing from ClearCase to RTC - Synchronization blocked by error

Yael K (471130) | asked May 29 '14, 9:38 p.m.
edited May 29 '14, 9:40 p.m.
 Hi,
I'm using RTC 4.0.6, and when I try to synchronize from ClearCase stream to RTC I get this error message on the log file:

Problem running 'synchronizeStream':

Synchronization blocked by error:

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: CRRTC4023W The root at "CONTROLLABLE_RESOURCE|M:/DO_ NOT_USE_main_OUR_CC_STREAM/VOB_NAME/SUB_COMP_NAME" could not be transferred.

The synchronizer was not able to complete the requested operation

Fix any errors reported in the rest of the log file.

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: CRJAZ1319E Read access is not permitted. The user, ccsync, tried to read one or more items that have the following type: Component

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: CRJAZ1319E Read access is not permitted. The user, ccsync, tried to read one or more items that have the following type: Component

com.ibm.team.repository.  common.  PermissionDeniedException: CRJAZ1319E Read access is not permitted. The user,ccsync, tried to read one or more items that have the following type: Component

Build failed. Exit value was 3.

The user 'ccsync' is our synchronizing user, it has full permissions on the RTC project we're trying to synchronize to, and also the needed license for synchronizing. 

Thank you, 
Yael

2 answers

permanent link
Yael K (471130) | answered May 30 '14, 12:10 a.m.
Hi Masa,

Thank you for your response.
The component visibility is "private" but it's owned by the same user, 'ccsync', so I assumed I wouldn't have to change it's visibility..
Should I change it to 'project scope'/'public' ?

Thank you

Comments
Masabumi koinuma commented May 30 '14, 1:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

That sounds strange. Can you double check the synchronization user ID by opening the synchronized stream and open the [Team Concert] tab?

permanent link
Masabumi koinuma (46115) | answered May 29 '14, 11:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Yael, RTC allows you to configure the access control of a component, and probably your synchronization user does not have access the component in the error. You can open a component editor, change the visibility, save it, and run the synchronization again.

Masa Koinuma

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.