It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I build line graph for defect data and custom data item possibly?

Brandy Guillory (5311925) | asked May 28 '14, 5:17 p.m.
edited May 30 '14, 4:58 p.m.
Okay, i've fought with this report long enough. Asking for some assistance.

How do I build a  report , a line graph that shows total defects on Y axis. date for x axis and a series that will show request status: open, closed
Can someone help me by providing assistance with open and closed having each its own line on the line graph.

Lastly, I also need a third line to show total, which is the sum of what was both opened and closed on the third line. Would I need to create a data item and if so, how?I've tried googling to no avail. Also, what type of calculation involved for showing both statuses.

I have obtained the information I need I believe for filtering, well I pulled in total defects based on a canned report I found but it keeps showing me the total defects period not the total open or closed. So I need help with that too. Any help would be appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered May 22 '15, 8:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brandy, Sorry for the late response. But have you tried the following two out of the box reports:
- Open vs Closed Work Items
- Cumulative Value Flow
Both sound similar to what you are looking for. If you want to really your own, I would suggest installing the RRDI optional component which comes with some Cognos based advanced report authoring tools.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.