It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Share Timeline across CLM

Richard Tweed (811220) | asked May 28 '14, 5:02 a.m.
When I create a timeline in RTC, I'd also like that to be the timeline in RQM and RRC where they're part of an LPA. Is this possible (I guess not)?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 29 '14, 12:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Richard Tweed selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 28 '14, 5:11 a.m.
Richard, as far as I am aware, timelines are local to an application repository.

Comments
Richard Tweed commented May 28 '14, 5:16 a.m.

Thanks Ralph, I suspected as such. 

There are a few examples like Timelines (Categories potentially) that would be considered logical to be consistent across the tools, or least for there to be an option to share across the tools. I wonder whether there is a reason that it isn't architected this way. 

Ralph Schoon commented May 28 '14, 6:03 a.m. | edited May 28 '14, 6:04 a.m.

Initially only RTC supported Team Areas and Timelines. It was later adopted by RQM.

In general all the planning based on timelines was RTC only for a long time. I think it would be beneficial to have a service providing timelines and allocation that could be used by all other applications. However, that would open just another can of worms, where different models require completely different approaches. Feel free to create an enhancement request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.