It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC custom contributors on top of custom text fields to add on BIRT Report

usman syed ali (15510) | asked May 27 '14, 8:17 a.m.
 Hi,

I have a situation to display a report in BIRT that should include custom fields (text field and contributors list) in RTC. Thanks to Rafik's video I am able to display custom text fields on the report by creating "Workitem Snapshot" datasource and using LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT table without the duplicate rows.

I am pulling custom text fields value from String_key and String_Val by storing the values in an array on the onfetch of the dataset and later retrieve it on another dataset using the computed columns. On top of that I want to display the custom contributor i.e. UAT Officer on the report. What I have found is Live_Snapshot does have a table "com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem" wherein itemExtensions.key and itemExtensions.value.itemId pair store this information in the encrypted form. To retrieve the meaninful value I have to link it with the Contributors table in the Common Snapshot. I want to achieve this as well. Any one please help me how to do this?

Thanks.

Comments
usman syed ali commented May 28 '14, 3:13 a.m.

Any suggestion please? 

One answer

permanent link
David Greggs (211) | answered Jun 05 '15, 2:11 p.m.

I was able to get this to work and this is how.

1. Create a data source to Live_Snapshot

2. Create a new "Simple" Data set. 

a. Set data source to Live_Snapshot

b Set Table Name: com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem

c. Select columns: itemExtensions.value.itemId

d. Select parameters:

itemId: This can be defaulted to a known WI_ITEMID of a Work Item for testing

workItemType = hard code to work item type

itemExtensions.key: hard code to the name of the work item field holding the contributor

3. Create a new Simple Data Set

a. Set Data Source = Common_Shapshot

b. Select columns: Contributor_Itemid, Contributor_Name

c. Select parameters: Contributor_ItemID  This can be defaulted to a known CONTRIBUTOR_ITEMID for testing purposes

4. Create a Join Query that joins data set in 2 on the left to data set in 3 on the right

Do a left outer join and join itemExtensins.value.itemId to Contributor_Itemid

5. In your report, add the join data set in 4 to the column for the custom contributor

6. Do a parameter binding as follows:

a. Bind the itemid to the WI_ItemID

b. Remove the extra column, header and footer from this nested table

You now have the custom attribute contributor listed on your report.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.