It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a RTC 4.0.7 release coming at end of May / early June ?

Ian Wark (79713550) | asked May 26 '14, 2:33 a.m.
We noticed that there is a plan to have 4.0.7 release at the end of May 2014, but we can't find any other information about it or links to the release candidate etc.. Is this the case?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 26 '14, 4:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ian probably found this information on the RTC timelines page on jazz.net, i.e. :
https://jazz.net/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.process.editProjectArea&itemId=_1w8aQEmJEduIY7C8B09Hyw

As Ian correctly observes, an RTC-4.0.7 release is being worked on ... RC1 currently targeted for middle of June, and GA currently targeted for middle of July.  

My understanding is that RTC-4.0.7 is a bug-fix-only release for the 4.x series of releases.  In the past, for bug-fix releases, RTC has used both 4 digit release numbers (e.g. RTC-4.0.0.1 was a bug-fix release for 4.0) and ifix release numbers (e.g. RTC-3.0.1.6.ifix1 was a bug-fix release for RTC-3.0.1.6).  As I recall, RTC-4.0.7 was at one time going to be named RTC-4.0.6.1, but we'll need someone from the release team to explain the how the numbering choices have evolved over time.
Ian Wark selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered May 26 '14, 2:41 a.m.
There is always a new release at the beginning of the June. IBM announce it during that year's Innovate.

Comments
Ian Wark commented May 26 '14, 3:05 a.m.

HI Canberk

We are aware that RTC 5.0 is due to be announced at Innovate, but we are not sure about the 4.x stream release 4.0.7, which seems to be planned for release at about the same time.

sam detweiler commented May 26 '14, 6:58 a.m. | edited May 26 '14, 6:59 a.m.

4.0.6 is the end of the 4.x line.

if you look at the downloads, there has always been a beta and release candidate with the next release number.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.