It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can 'Generate Document-Style Report Wizard' be customized

Greg Taillefer (61517) | asked May 21 '14, 3:14 p.m.

I want to:

• Reduce the number of screens and selections required by the user to generate a document based on my template (customized form printModuleBook).
  • Hard code the external RPE variables specified from the wizard screens
  • Hard code the document type (Word)
  • Eliminate the need to name the report

Any help is appreciated!

Comments
Kumaraswamy Gowda commented May 22 '14, 2:51 a.m.

Hi Greg,

Which version of RPE are you using?

>>> Reduce the number of screens and selections...
In RPE1.2.1, the report wizard is simplified to a great extent. But not to the extent to customize which pages needs to be seen. However, the report wizard in RPE 1.2.1 has capability to jump from any page to any page through the progress section :)

See http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rpehelp/v1r2m1/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.pe.publishing.doc/topics/t_publishing.html&scope=null

>>> Hard code external RPE variables .. wizard screens
Could you elaborate on this? Currently, there is a provision to set variable value in the wizard.

>>> Hard code ... type (Word)
Do you mean that only "Word" format should be selected by default? If so, this is in our list and planning for future relase.

>>> Eliminate the need to name the report
Do you mean that the template needs to be saved before triggering document generation? This is not allowed yet. Feel free to submit an enhancement request.

Thanks,
Kumar

2 answers

permanent link
Edgar Ignacio Velazquez Mar (7225) | answered May 21 '14, 3:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Greg,
 Currently there is no way to create like stored report wizard configuration. You must provide the data and follow the wizard. Please submit an Enhancement request for this

Comments
Greg Taillefer commented May 21 '14, 4:55 p.m.

Remind me where I would submit an enahncement request. I haven't submitted one in quite a while. I would like to see if a similar request has already been made and what the status might be.

permanent link
Greg Taillefer (61517) | answered May 22 '14, 8:23 a.m.

Kumar,

I'm referring to the CLM 'Generate Document-Style Report Wizard'  not the one in RPE. That one is also a pain but users aren't going to be running the studio.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.