It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make changesets addition removal visible in the Discussions sections also.

Shuchita Tripathi (31436294) | asked May 20 '14, 1:46 a.m.

Whenever I am adding or removing a changeset from a workitem, it is showing in the links section but the addition or removal is not visible in the 'Discussions' section of the work item (like it happens in case of attachments).

I have seen many work items in the project where change sets addition or removal is getting added in the 'Discussions' sections also.

Can anyone guide me how to acheive this?

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented May 20 '14, 4:47 a.m.

Hi Shuchita,

Change set are related artifacts and its will be associated with links tab.

But you still get the details about the adding new changeset from the quick information.

Please let me know does the above information is useful.

Regards,
Arun.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 21 '14, 1:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can use the built-in follow-up action "Work Item Audit Trail for Change Set Links", for the Source_Control->Save_Change_Set_Links_and_Comments operation.
Shuchita Tripathi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 21 '14, 2:12 a.m.

Woha, when did that come in? How could I have missed that? I see it now.Thanks for sharing Geoff!

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 20 '14, 5:57 a.m.
Removal and addition of change sets is not considered a discussion, so it does not show up - compared to attachments.
If you want this to happen, you would have to create a work item save participant (work item save follow up action). there you could try to monitor addition and removal of change sets. If one is detected, you would have to create a comment in the discussion and expose the data there.

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented May 20 '14, 7:03 a.m.

Thank you Ralph and Arun for the explanation.

It solved my purpose..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.