It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC BIRT Report: Is there any way to get the requester id of the report being run?

Clement Liu (1.5k54249) | asked May 13 '14, 2:51 p.m.
edited May 13 '14, 2:51 p.m.
We can get the requester id on the RTC Active Services page but we have hard time in correlating the requester with what report he/she is running.One of the things we think we can do is to get the requester id inside BIRT report and print it out to SytemOut.log so we can review. So is there any way to get the requester id inside BIRT report? 

Thanks. 

Comments
Bill Taylor commented May 13 '14, 3:48 p.m.

I can find out the requester's name but would love to know how to discover their id

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alanna Zito (1.3k3) | answered May 13 '14, 3:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Clement,

Can I ask why you're trying to find out what user is running which report - is it for tracking purposes, or is it a troubleshooting issue? (e.g., you know there is a slow-running report on the server, and you want to find out which one it is and who requested it).  If it's for troubleshooting, and if you're using CLM 4.0.4 or higher, you can probably find the information you need on the "Running Reports" page, which you can find on the admin Reports page (shows all reports currently running on the server) or within a project under the "Reports" menu (displays only the reports requested by the current user).
Clement Liu selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Clement Liu commented May 17 '14, 3:16 p.m.

Hi Alanna,

This is exactly what I need. 

Thanks.

One other answer

permanent link
Bill Taylor (1441533) | answered Jun 05 '14, 3:33 p.m.
To answer your original question, use the COMMON_SNAPSHOTS table LIVE_CONTRIBUTOR and set the filter to CONTRUBUTOR_USERID = '{Current Contributor}'

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.