It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which source table contains information on User's project area Role access in RRDI?

Samir Patel (357) | asked May 12 '14, 4:04 p.m.
I am working on a report where I need to filter out all creator's of work item that don't belong to a particular role in a project area. Which source table would contain this information for roles?

One answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered May 13 '14, 11:09 a.m.
Hello Samir,

according to the

Change and configuration management data dictionary
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/ccm-roles.html#Project-Area-Role

the role information should be available in:
Operational Data Store> Project Area > Project Role

According to the info center there is a part of the ETL that should be enabled to get this data:
New in CLM 4.0.5: The data collection job for Roles and Memberships information is disabled by default ( Ignore Roles and Membership Data = true ). If you set this property to false, no migration process is run. The next Common ETL job will load into the data warehouse the data of the project areas and team areas that were modified since the previous Common ETL job. To load all of the roles and membership information, you must run a full Common ETL job.
See:
Turning off the data collection jobs
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.rational.reporting.admin.doc/topics/t_turningoff_the_data_collection_jobs.html

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Samir Patel commented May 14 '14, 12:11 a.m.

Thanks for pointer Francesco. Unfortunately we are currently using CLM 4.0.1 so I will need to see if the above is available in 4.0.1.

Francesco Chiossi commented May 14 '14, 4:11 a.m.

Hello Samir,

the ETL for Roles and Memberships has been added in 4.0.5, so your concern is valid; it's not available in 4.0.1.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.