It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

using BeyondCompare or other compare tool

Javan Smith (111) | asked Apr 08 '09, 11:20 p.m.
edited Oct 12 '17, 2:38 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I'm trying out the visual studio version of this product, though an answer that is eclipse specific would still be appreciated, though not quite as useful to my whole team.

I would like to swap out the compare editor with a higher-end compare tool like beyond compare. I haven't been able to find any hooks for swapping it out. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Apr 09 '09, 9:14 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 12 '17, 2:38 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Integration with external compare tools such as Beyond Compare was added in RTC 2.0.0.2. This support was added to the RTC Eclipse and Visual Studio clients.

Ex: See:
Integrate with other merge tools (87592)
RTC for Visual Studio needs to support pluggable compare editors (87436)
RTC Integration with Beyond Compare (66751)

David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Apr 09 '09, 4:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm trying out the visual studio version of this product, though an answer that is eclipse specific would still be appreciated, though not quite as useful to my whole team.

I would like to swap out the compare editor with a higher-end compare tool like beyond compare. I haven't been able to find any hooks for swapping it out. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks!

For Eclipse, there are hooks for the compare tool that can be overridden if you want to replace the standard Eclipse tool. I suspect you have to check if Visual Studio has similar hooks. RTC in Eclipse just calls whatever is on the end of the hook :-), and I suspect does the same thing for the VS client.

regards

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.