It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

with version 4.0.4, SCL CLI help compare usage as " " seems not working.

Duke Pham (144) | asked May 09 '14, 1:00 p.m.
Is this usage correct for the order of "<new-type> <new> <old-type> <old>" for the scm.exe help compare?
I found that scm compare return nothing if I specify new before old, and it works fine when i specify old before new.

Help on compare
Displays the outgoing changes from one item to another. You must specify the items and their types on the command line. Direction in which the changes flow, either incoming or outgoing, is shown relative to the first item.

Aliases: comp

Usage: scm compare [options] <new-type> <new> <old-type> <old>
  new-type - The type of the new item. Its value can be one of the following: "workspace", "stream", "baseline", or "snapshot"
  new      - The new item to compare against. This item must be of the type that is specified in the new-type value. To specify this item, use its alias, UUID[@repo], or name[@repo].
  old-type - The type of the old item. Its value can be one of the following: "workspace", "stream", "baseline", or "snapshot"
  old      - The old item to compare against. This item must be of the type that is specified in the new-type value. To specify this item, use its alias, UUID[@repo], or name[@repo].

Options:
  --certificate arg              - The file that contains the user's login certificate.
  --smartCard                    - Uses the connected smart card for authentication.
  -c [--component] arg           - The component for baseline comparisons. Thisoption is required if you specify the baseline by using anything other than an alias or UUID.

Here were my test results:

===  it does not return any thing this way <new> <old> ==============
scm compare -c 1041 -r "repo" -u <user id> -P ****** -I dcbsw -f i baseline "before_copyright_java" baseline "before_copyright_native_and_engine"
Incoming Changes
  Component (1041) "mdm_bpm"

===  it does return correct outputs with <old> <new> ==============
scm compare -c 1041 -r "repo" -u <user id> -P ***** -I dcbsw -f i baseline "before_copyright_native_and_engine" baseline "before_copyright_java"
Incoming Changes
  Component (1041) "mdm_bpm"
    (1069) PULIPATY, GEETHA SRAVANTHI (GEETHA SRAVANTHI) <gpullipa@in.ibm.com> 44203: As a developer I should check-in PM application and associated tool kits in RTC to deliver defect fixes - IWM sample directory structure wrong because ofwhich iwm samples are not getting picked up 2014/04/24
    (1071) PULIPATY, GEETHA SRAVANTHI (GEETHA SRAVANTHI) <gpullipa@in.ibm.com> 44203: As a developer I should check-in PM application and associated tool kits in RTC to deliver defect fixes - Updated new madapi.jar with application toolkitlatest twx. 2014/04/24
    (1072) PULIPATY, GEETHA SRAVANTHI (GEETHA SRAVANTHI) <gpullipa@in.ibm.com> 44203: As a developer I should check-in PM application and associated tool kits in RTC to deliver defect fixes - Aruba doc for PE IWM sample 2014/04/24
    (1073) PULIPATY, GEETHA SRAVANTHI (GEETHA SRAVANTHI) <gpullipa@in.ibm.com> 44203: As a developer I should check-in PM application and associated tool kits in RTC to deliver defect fixes - Aruba doc for CDC IWM sample 2014/04/24
    (1074) Wang, Andrew (X.) <andreww@ca.ibm.com> 46930: Incorporate the latesttoolkits drops and check in BPM assets 2014/04/24
    (1076) PULIPATY, GEETHA SRAVANTHI (GEETHA SRAVANTHI) <gpullipa@in.ibm.com> 44203: As a developer I should check-in PM application and associated tool kits in RTC to deliver defect fixes - removed epv dashbaords target as it is unused and fixed hanging issue for retrieve mdm signers 2014/04/24

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered May 12 '14, 12:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In both the cases you have used '-f i' to indicate you want to see only incoming changes. When you compare old and new items do you have any outgoing changes (remove the -f i option and verify)? If there is not outgoing changes then when you compare new and old items there will be no incoming changes.

When comparing old and new items:
If incoming changes is shown, then it will show as outgoing changes when comparing new and old items
If outgoing changes is shown, then it will show as incoming changes when comparing new and old items

Basically incoming and outgoing will be reversed and shown as outgoing and incoming when you switch the old and new items.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.