It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Set default value for Enumeration

Sangeetha Jadav (1578) | asked May 09 '14, 11:34 a.m.
I have a enumeration 'Data Location' which has values 
  Loc 1
  Loc 2 
  Loc 3 
  Loc 4 

I want to make 'Loc 3' as default value for that attribute. Can you please let me know how would I do it.

Under Enumerations tab, I have made selected Loc 3 as Default literal but still Its not being set as default. 

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 09 '14, 12:15 p.m.
default will only be set for NEWLY created work items..

permanent link
Wendy Murphy (1512633) | answered May 09 '14, 4:54 p.m.
if you run synchronization on your work items it should update any that pre-exist.Remember you can set a default in two ways. You can use the default literal and unassigned literal values in the enumeration. or you can use the attribute Customization option. I didn't see what version you are running.select the default values.
add -- in the provider drop down you can select enumeration list and then select the enumeration field and it will display your options. Just remember if you set a field with a default value you want to ensure that you have not flagged it as mandatory(required). If you have then set an enumeration value as default to something like (please select) not a real value. Hope this helps

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.