It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

with version 4.0.4, why the CLI 'scm compare' usage does not have the option for specifying a target stream?

Duke Pham (144) | asked May 07 '14, 2:12 p.m.
I have RTC version 4.0.4, and trying to use the CLI 'scm compare', and realize it's usage does not have the option for specifying a target stream. I need to specify the target stream because we have same component name when we branch from the main stream to the next release stream, so it becomes ambiguous if using the option "-c <component name>". Here is an example when I ran the scm compare command:

scm.exe compare -c mdm_bpm -I dcbsw -f i baseline 516 baseline 518
Ambiguous selector "mdm_bpm" matched multiple items:
Possible matches:
  (1107) "mdm_bpm"
  (1041) "mdm_bpm"
Problem running 'compare':
Ambiguous component "mdm_bpm".

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 07 '14, 2:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you specify the component, you can use the alias or UUID instead of the name.

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented May 08 '14, 12:11 a.m. | edited May 08 '14, 12:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

... and if you are using it in scripts only use the UUID. Aliases are cli client specific and are a convenient way of accessing an item but are different on every system.

To get the uuid use "-u y" after scm. For ex:
scm -u y list components <workspace>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.