It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC startup: Repository Connection Certificate Problem

Philip Molloy (323) | asked May 06 '14, 11:01 a.m.
 I have an engineer who just got a new workstation.  Windows 7 64bit and it has a Virtual Windows 7 64 bit machine.  On that Virtual machine she gets the Repository Connection Certificate Problem when starting up.  It is in an endless loop.  
I've looked at a number of responses wrt this Certificate Problem and they seem to address changes on the server.  If my other 39 users are not having trouble then I don't see how a server change is needed.
It seems as if there is something on this particular computer/virtual machine that is causing the problem.
Anyone with an idea?
RTC 4.0.3 and using Tomcat.
Phil

2 answers

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered May 06 '14, 1:31 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is the user having an issue in the web client or the eclipse client?
I have an issue in my eclipse client where the certificate prompt will come up multiple times but eventually go away. Make sure the user is using the same version of client as everyone else and not a p2 plugin.

Comments
Philip Molloy commented May 06 '14, 1:35 p.m.

The eclipse client and is using the same version as everyone else (4.0.3).

A couple of people have run into the situation where you have to answer Accept a number of times but usually only 3 or 4 times. She is the only one (so far) who cannot dismiss the prompt no matter how many times (she actually had the patience to try around 100 times).
Phil 

Stephanie Bagot commented May 06 '14, 2:52 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

OK - I have never seen that type of behaviour. Did you check her eclipse workspace log to see if there were any errors? If not, I would recommend opening up a PMR with IBM Support.

Philip Molloy commented May 06 '14, 3:20 p.m.

I haven't been able to check yet.  Working from home today.  My next step is indeed to open a PMR,

Thanks,
Phil 

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 06 '14, 6:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Phil

Ask your user if she can open a new Eclipse workspace and connect to the server from scratch (apologies if this is what she did).  It sounds like she may be using using an old/existing repo workspace, or something has been picked up from an old workspace.

Another test - try pointing the browser to the same URL as you use in the connection string. If this works, it potentially eliminates one kind of problem where the traffic is being blocked by the OS (and/or virtual machine).

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.