It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to send email notifications?

CM 2006 (18911) | asked May 05 '14, 6:19 a.m.
Hello,

I plan a new schema that includes a "follow up" field (type of date).

Once a day, I'd like to automatically track all records, and send an email with all record IDs that this follow up field is today or expired.

My repository is on JazzHub, and I'm wondering if that's possible to accomplish that task?
If so, please let me know the directions (hooks, supported scripts and how to's).

Thanks in advance

One answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered May 05 '14, 8:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

JazzHub does not give users administrator privileges.  To do something like this, I think you would need to write some sort of advisor or script that would require administrator privileges.

Comments
CM 2006 commented May 05 '14, 8:35 a.m.

What if I write an external script with OSLC \ REST?
Indeed, I do not have admin previleges but user+password to my JazzHub project. Could it be enough for running an external script?

Thx

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented May 05 '14, 8:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't have firsthand experience with it, so I'm not sure if it would be possible or not.  As long as you have access to the work items with your account, it seems reasonable.

CM 2006 commented May 06 '14, 3:42 a.m.

I see, thank you.
Do you know who knows the answer?

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented May 06 '14, 8:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't.  You might try asking a new question but phrasing it in terms of using the OSLC REST api's and indicate you don't have admin privileges.  The answer should be the same whether you are using RTC or JazzHub.

Or you could try making the call yourself.  It seems like it should be possible to access a custom field.

Brian Fleming commented May 06 '14, 10:32 a.m.

Did JazzHub start allowing custom attributes in the process spec?

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented May 06 '14, 10:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You're completely right -- I wasn't even thinking about the bigger question.  JazzHub does not allow you to add custom fields as you do not have admin privileges.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.