It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Application Migration from a 32 bit instance to a 64 bit instance of CLM.

Tom Choquette (335) | asked May 02 '14, 1:59 p.m.
Hi.  I have a 32 bit instance of CLM running on a Linux RHEL5 server and we are looking to install a 64 bit instance on a RHEL5 or new RHEL6 server in prep for an RRDI 64 bit install and I'm wondering if there is any migration requirements necessary for this?  We currently connect to an Oracle DB and this is not being touched.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom C.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 06 '14, 2:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Tom,

please have a look at https://jazz.net/forum/questions/71215/clm-move-data-from-one-server-to-another

Basically you have o restore the configuration files of your old CLM on the new server. Then you take the old server offline, change the DNS entry of the old server to the new server and bring it up. since you don't change the database, there is no database migration required as far as i can tell.

Comments
Tom Choquette commented May 06 '14, 8:22 a.m.

Ralph,

Thanks for your response.  I thought this was the case but I wanted to confirm first.  I've been dealing with this app for the last couple of years and always ran into something unexpected.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Tom C. 

Ralph Schoon commented May 06 '14, 8:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Tom, always keep a functional backup. You might also want to try it out on a test system.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.