It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to run multiple scripts - from one test case - as part of a test execution?

vincent falcone (833) | asked May 01 '14, 3:38 p.m.
edited May 07 '14, 9:49 a.m. by Max Bridges (24126)
I have 3 test cases each with 3 test scripts.  Is it possible to run all 9 scripts in one execution?

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered May 02 '14, 6:27 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, using test suites.

Comments
Don Yang commented May 03 '14, 12:56 a.m.

Hi, Paul

If I run a test case with 3 manual scripts in a test suite, it seems that I have to select either one to run and it won't actually automatically run one by one in the execution(it will stop running after the selected script completed until my next run). So I guess the question from Vincent seems to be impossible to run all scripts in one execution, am I misunderstanding anything here?
Thanks

Don

Paul Slauenwhite commented May 05 '14, 1:01 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Don,

In this case, you would add each of the three test cases in the test suite three times and for each instance, select a different test script (see http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_testcase_overview.html for more details).

Don Yang commented May 06 '14, 2:31 a.m.

Thanks Paul, this makes sense.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.