It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Process teample - Attachment file "processContent.zip" ? what is this file

Matt Muller (59813574) | asked May 01 '14, 5:58 a.m.

Hi,

I have an RTC Process Template and projects with an attachment file called "processContent.zip".

The file is 8055019 bytes... which is large and could protentially cause problems.

If anyone knows is this is a standard file type and what it refers to that would help me.

Regards

Matt Muller

2 answers

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered May 04 '14, 4:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There are two different process descriptions: static and dynamic. 

Static Process Description:
"processContent.zip" is used in static process description. This file contains the HTML content which describe the process of this project or template. You can only access static process description from eclipse client. Open a project (assume there is a file named "processContent.zip" in the attachments list), you should see a link to the static process description in Process Description section in Overview tab. Click this link, you should see a local web page while describe the process. 

Dynamic Process Description:
This is the new way to author and manage the process description which was added in 3.0. This is also the recommended way. The static process description has been deprecated. You can only access dynamic process description from Web Client. Open a project area from web client, you should see Process Description tab for this project. You can also add dynamic process description to a template which could be exported/imported together with the template.

Comments
Matt Muller commented May 06 '14, 4:33 a.m.

Hi Qiong,

Thank you for your comments;

I've looked in the Eclipse client and based on what was used - I have a custom Openup process configuration which I assume was created in Version 3.
when I look at the process configuration in the web - nothing is displayed?
So I'm not sure what use this large file is,  as I think it's the Static content from IBM
Process content Path is  /openup_jazz/index.htm

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 01 '14, 6:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Matt

This is standard stuff.  It is the process description provided with the project area template.  If you want to check the content - you can add a Process Description Widget to a dashboard and it will display the content (change the settings to point to the right project and section of guidance if you want to display specific areas of content).

anthony

Comments
Matt Muller commented May 01 '14, 11:16 a.m.

Anthony,

Thanks for your feedback.
When I review the Process Description - it doesn't contain any information?
Thanks
Matt 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.