It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI 2.0.6 Installation Conflict.

Tom Choquette (335) | asked Apr 30 '14, 12:49 p.m.
I'm trying to install RRDI 2.0.6 on a Linux 64 bit server: Linux 2.6.32-358.6.2.el6.x86_64.  I need to install the 32 bit version only but during the install via the IBMIM, it displays a message stating that it can only install the 64 bit version. No option!
I was under the impression that the RRDI app had to be 32 bit and had to match the WebSphere app, which is 8.5. 32 bit which had to match the RTC 4.0.6 app instance which is 32 bit.  Oracle is 64 bit but I have the 32 bit client installed.
Can This be confirmed?  Now I downloaded the RRDI-repo-2.0.6.zip file which I believe contains both the 32 and 64 bit version of RRDI but if I need to install the RRDI 2.0.6 32 bit version then where can I download it from or what can I change to get the 32 bin install as an option?  I do not see it as an option on the download page.

Thanks,
Tom C.

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Apr 30 '14, 1:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Tom,

RRDI should be installed in to a 64-bit WebSphere.  It is only the Data Services component that is 32-bit only, and you'll only use that if you are running ETL against ReqPro, ClearQuest, ClearCase or Test Manager.  Otherwise, the CLM apps and RRDI should all be 64-bit.  The only 32-bit limitation is for Data Services and the database client for the RRDI server.  Hope it helps,

CLM4.0.6 System Requirements

Comments
Tom Choquette commented Apr 30 '14, 2:28 p.m.

Ben,

Thanks for the info and link.  Just to confirm, It is a requirement to install RTC 64 bit, WAS 64 bit before installing RRDI 64 bit? I can do this without an issue but I'm going to have to go back to the app owner requesting some additional time to install these again.  My only concern is telling them that we will eventually need to update our RTC production environment to a 64 bit version if they want to use RRDI in production.

Thanks,

Tom C. 

Benjamin Silverman commented Apr 30 '14, 3:39 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Tom,

You need 64-bit WAS in place before installing RRDI.  You'll also need a running JTS in order to configure RRDI to authenticate using the Jazz namespace, so it would make sense to have your CLM apps in place first if possible.  Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.