It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Save button on work item (web UI) remains disabled after editing an Integer field

Lori Ruffing (1758) | asked Apr 29 '14, 6:23 p.m.
I have an integer field for my work items and when I edit the value in the field using RTC web client, the Save button does not become enabled until I click in a different field first.

When using RTC eclipse client (3.0.1.6), in the same scenario, the Save button is enabled appropriately.

Jazz server is 4.0.6.

Comments
Antoinette Iacobo commented Apr 29 '14, 6:33 p.m.

Lori, 

The comparison for the Web page being detected as 'dirty' would be from client to client, meaning one Web version to another.  Does the same scenario occur for different browsers? Also, is it just this integer field or other fields?  Other data types (string, drop-down values, etc.)?  Those would be good distinctions.  

Toni

Lori Ruffing commented Apr 29 '14, 11:06 p.m.

The same scenario occurs on Firefox, IE, and Chrome. And yes, it seems to only be related to the Integer field in the work item. We also have dropdowns and text fields that when updated cause the Save button to become enabled.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 30 '14, 6:54 a.m.
I see the same issue in v4.0.6 web client only. I don't find any existing defect in jazz.net. You may want to contact support team with a PMR to get it fixed in a timely manner. thanks
Lori Ruffing selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Lori Ruffing commented Apr 30 '14, 11:53 a.m.

Defect opened against RTC. Thanks for your verification of the issue.

One other answer

permanent link
Vidya Jothiraman (3313) | answered Sep 29 '15, 2:24 a.m.
Hi Lori

Has a defect been opened for this?

Comments
Lori Ruffing commented Sep 29 '15, 2:12 p.m.

Yes it here: Defect 314164

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.