It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrating RTC with BuildForge

swapna das (3324572) | asked Apr 29 '14, 7:38 a.m.

Hi ,

I am going to integrate RTC with Build Forge.Can you please help me in the below queries.

How Buildforge picks up Change Sets in RTC SCM?

Can we label meta data from objects (RTC change set elements) and Identify them in Build Forge so we know what we want to include in a Build?

How does the BuildForge Process work when getting code out of RTC SCM? Is there a way to track and support specific updates to change sets (code) that are needed for a specific build?

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Apr 29 '14, 7:30 p.m.
You can refer to https://jazz.net/library/article/607 about how to configure RTC and Build Forge integration.

To answer your questions:
1. After you set the workspace and components in the Jazz Source Control tab of the RTC build definition, you can run a JazzJBE adapter on the Build Forge side to connect back and retrieve this configuration information to perform the source control accept and fetch operations.
2. I don't think RTC provides the function to label a change set or a file/version of a change set.
3. The build workspace configured in the Jazz Source Control tab of the RTC build definition has a flow target stream. If any change set has been delivered to the flow target stream, the build workspace can accept the change set from the stream and start a build.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.