It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM widgets "Plan Requirements Coverage by Test Case" and "Plan Requirements Not Covered Detail" not returning data

Aparna Sukumaran (333660) | asked Apr 28 '14, 5:26 p.m.
    I don't see the Report in the widgets "Plan Requirements Coverage by Test Case" and "Plan Requirements Not Covered Detail". I set up collection links in the plan and then requirement links in the test cases(RRC to RQM link). My Data collection  ran successfully in qm/admin. I still don't see the data. Any other suggestions.

Related questions:
1. Why we need to use Requirement collection instead of just Requirements? What is the benefit of that?
2. is there a way to populate data in the widget with Requirement instead of Requirement collection?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 28 '14, 10:33 p.m.
Since the reports are related RRC requirement and you use Widgets for them, you will also need to run jts data collection jobs, you can go to jts reports menu and run data collection jobs for all applications and then try the widgets again.

===
1. Why we need to use Requirement collection instead of just Requirements? What is the benefit of that?
2. is there a way to populate data in the widget with Requirement instead of Requirement collection?
==
Requirement collection link and requirements sections in TestPlan and TestCase are for different purpose. Here are some details:
The Requirement Links section:
"This section lists requirements that are in a requirements management tool that integrates with Rational Quality Manager by using OSLC; for example, Rational Requirements Composer. Other types of requirements are listed in the Requirements section."

The Requirements section:
"This section lists requirements that are in Rational RequisitePro or Rational DOORS for Rational Quality Manager Interface. Other types of requirements are listed in the Requirement Links section."

Since you are using RRC to RQM, you will only be able to add the requirements using Requirement link sections.

Hopefully these help.

Comments
Aparna Sukumaran commented Apr 29 '14, 5:02 p.m.

Can you please Help me on How to Link Requirements to Test plan and Test cases to See the Report?

Don Yang commented Apr 29 '14, 7:41 p.m.

Do you mean you want to use ReqPro or DOORS for RQM in TestPlan/TestCase requirement section? If yes, you will need to check with Help first to establish integration between ReqPro/DOORS and RQM first.
Or you mean you have done that bit as you suggested in your original question and just don't know where to run jts collection jobs in order to get Reports work? Please clarify a bit more

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.